Sentosa Island, a popular resort off Singapore’s southern coast, offers a tropical escape for tourists and locals. With sandy beaches, luxurious hotels, and lush greenery, it provides a delightful escape from city life. Accessible via various modes of transportation, Sentosa Island is a breeze to reach. This guide will explore the various ways to get to Sentosa, ensuring a seamless journey and an enjoyable experience on the island.
Reaching Sentosa Island is a breeze, thanks to the numerous transportation choices at your disposal. Below is a detailed guide on how to reach Sentosa Island from different starting points:
a) Traveling to Sentosa Island by MRT and Sentosa Express
Traveling to Sentosa Island is a breeze with the convenient and hassle-free transportation options of the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) and Sentosa Express. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate your way:
Step 1: Hop on the MRT to Harbourfront Station:
Depending on your starting point, you can choose either the North South Line (red line) or the East West Line (green line) on the MRT. Once you reach Harbourfront Station, simply exit via Exit B.
Step 2: Follow the signs to Sentosa Express:
From Exit B, follow the signs that will lead you to VivoCity shopping mall. Walk through VivoCity and head to Level 3, where you’ll find the Sentosa Express monorail station.
Step 3: Get your Sentosa Express Tickets:
At the Sentosa Express monorail station, you can purchase your tickets either from the ticket counter or through the ticketing kiosk. If you’re planning to explore various attractions on Sentosa Island, consider getting a Sentosa Fun Pass for discounted access.
Step 4: Hop on the Sentosa Express:
Once you have your tickets, locate the platform for your desired Sentosa Express station. There are three stations on Sentosa Island: Waterfront Station, Beach Station, and Imbiah Station. When your train arrives, simply board the Sentosa Express monorail. The journey to Sentosa Island takes around 8 minutes.
Step 5: Enjoy Sentosa Island:
Upon arrival at Sentosa Island, the fun begins! Take your time to explore the island’s incredible attractions, from beautiful beaches to thrilling theme parks, fascinating museums, and delicious restaurants. To make the most of your visit, consider planning your itinerary in advance to ensure you don’t miss out on any highlights that interest you.
So, get ready for an amazing adventure on Sentosa Island, and let the MRT and Sentosa Express take you there with ease!
- The Sentosa Express runs every day from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., making it easy for you to explore the island at your own pace.
- Keep in mind that the ticket prices for the Sentosa Express may vary depending on which station you’re heading to. So, make sure to check the prices beforehand.
- Sentosa Island is a car-free zone, which means you won’t be able to drive around the island. Don’t worry though; you can conveniently park your car at either Harbourfront Center or VivoCity and hop on public transportation to reach the island.
- To make your way around Sentosa Island, there are several shuttle bus services available. These buses connect various attractions and hotels, making it convenient for you to explore the island’s offerings.
- If you prefer a more private mode of transportation, taxis are readily available on Sentosa Island. Additionally, you can also use ride-hailing apps like Grab or Gojek to easily get around.
- With its wide range of transportation options and an array of exciting attractions, Sentosa Island is a destination that should not be missed when visiting Singapore.
- Whether you’re seeking adrenaline-pumping rides, serene beaches, or immersive cultural experiences, Sentosa Island has something to offer for everyone.
2) Traveling to Sentosa Island by Cable Car
Soaring high above the bustling cityscape, the Singapore Cable Car offers an incredible and picturesque way to reach your island destination. With panoramic views of the harbor and Sentosa Island, this unforgettable experience is not to be missed.
Step 1: Start your journey at Harbourfront Station:
Choose the MRT Line: Depending on where you’re coming from, hop on either the North South Line (red line) or the East West Line (green line) of the MRT.
Alight at Harbourfront Station: Once you arrive at Harbourfront Station, make your way to Exit B.
Step 2: Head towards the Singapore Cable Car Station:
HarbourFront Centre: Follow the signs leading to HarbourFront Centre from Exit B.
Cable Car Station: The Singapore Cable Car station is located on Level 3 of Harbourfront Centre. Simply walk over, and you’ll find it.
Step 3: Get your cable car tickets:
Ticket Counter or Ticketing Kiosk: At the Singapore Cable Car station, you can purchase your tickets either at the ticket counter or through the ticketing kiosk.
Sentosa Fun Pass: Consider getting a Sentosa Fun Pass, which gives you discounted access to various attractions on Sentosa Island, including the Singapore Cable Car.
Step 4: Hop on the Cable Car:
Find Your Platform: Look for the platform that corresponds to the cable car line you want to take. There are three options: the Mount Faber Line, the Harbourfront Line, and the Sentosa Line.
Board the Gondola: Once your gondola arrives, step inside and get ready for an amazing ride to Sentosa Island. The journey usually takes around 12 minutes.
Step 5: Embrace the Scenic Ride and Sentosa Island:
Take in the Panoramic Views: As you ascend into the sky, be captivated by the breathtaking views of the harbor, Sentosa Island, and the cityscape that surrounds you.
Visit Siloso Beach: When you reach Sentosa Island, you can disembark at the Siloso Beach Station. Take some time to relax on the sandy shores and soak up the vibrant atmosphere of Siloso Beach.
Explore the Attractions: From Siloso Beach, you have easy access to other exciting attractions on Sentosa Island. Discover theme parks, museums, and restaurants that will make your visit even more memorable.
- The operating hours of the Singapore Cable Car are from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every day.
- The prices of cable car tickets vary depending on the destination station and the type of ticket you choose, whether it’s a one-way or round-trip ticket.
- As Sentosa Island is a car-free zone, you will need to park your car at either Harbourfront Center or VivoCity and use public transportation to reach the island.
- To conveniently travel within Sentosa Island, there are several shuttle bus services available that connect various attractions and hotels.
- If you prefer a more private mode of transportation, taxis are readily available on Sentosa Island. Alternatively, you can also use ride-hailing apps like Grab or Gojek.
- The Singapore Cable Car not only offers a scenic journey but also provides convenient access to Siloso Beach, making it a unique and memorable way to experience Sentosa Island.
3) Traveling to Sentosa Island by Sentosa Boardwalk
The Sentosa Boardwalk is a pedestrian pathway spanning 2.1 kilometers that links Sentosa Island and mainland Singapore. With breathtaking views of the harbor, Sentosa Island, and the surrounding cityscape, it is a well-liked location for both locals and visitors.
For those looking to enjoy a leisurely stroll or jog while taking in Singapore’s sights and sounds, the Sentosa Boardwalk is a fantastic choice. Because it is only a short stroll from the VivoCity shopping center, it is also a convenient way to get to Sentosa Island.
Here are some additional details about the Sentosa Boardwalk:
- Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, it is open.
- The Sentosa Boardwalk is free to stroll along.
- Wheelchair users and strollers alike can enjoy the Sentosa Boardwalk.
- Along the Sentosa Boardwalk, there are a number of rest spots where you can take a break and take in the scenery.
- It’s possible to see fish, birds, and even dolphins at the Sentosa Boardwalk.
What is the quickest way to get to Sentosa Island?
The Sentosa Causeway, which connects the island by road and rail, or the Singapore Cable Car, a 1.6-kilometer gondola that takes 15 minutes to cross Keppel Harbour and land in the island’s center, are the only ways to get to Sentosa.
Which choice is a little costly?
There is no charge to stroll around the Sentosa Boardwalk! The next option, Sentosa Bus Service 123, costs SGD 3 per trip for people on a strict budget.
Which is the fastest option?
The Sentosa Express is the obvious choice in terms of speed, taking only five minutes to reach the island.
Which route is the most picturesque to get there?
From above, the Singapore Cable Car offers unmatched vistas of the city and Sentosa. It’s a very special and unforgettable moment.
I’ll be here late at night. What choices do I have?
The most practical choice for late arrivals is a taxi or rideshare, as these are available around the clock. Moreover, Sentosa Express operates until midnight.
I’m staying close to Orchard Road. How can I travel to Sentosa most effectively?
Take the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) to Harbourfront Station. From there, select the bus, cable car, or Sentosa Express as your preferred mode of transportation to continue your journey.
Which Sentosa Island activities are enjoyable for families?
A family’s paradise, Sentosa offers family-friendly attractions including Universal Studios Singapore, S.E.A. Aquarium exploration, Adventure Cove Waterpark, and relaxing beach days. You’ll have to buy individual tickets.
Can I go from the mainland to Sentosa by foot?
From the mainland, you may stroll to Sentosa Island. A causeway connecting the islands offers pedestrians a picturesque stroll. It’s an affordable choice that lets you take your time taking in the natural surroundings.